Experience Less Than 1 Year
The responsibilities of a Hoosier Families Homemaker Parent Aid includes collaborating with our internal Home-Based Case Management team and community agencies, including DCS (child welfare services), schools, law enforcement to directly advocate for at-risk children and families, providing critical needs assessments, prevention and intervention services, and progress monitoring to determine appropriate treatment plan; teach and assist clients in applying effective life skills; document all contacts with clients and produce all required reports in a timely fashion.
Our Homemaker Parent Aid collaborates with our internal treatment team and community agencies to directly advocate for at-risk children and families, providing critical needs assessments, prevention and intervention services, and progress monitoring to determine appropriate treatment plan; teach and assist client in applying effective life skills; document all contacts with clients and produce all required reports in a timely fashion.
To be successful as a Hoosier Families Homemaker Parent Aid, you need to have the following requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to maintain detailed case notes
- Must be able to file ongoing reports as required.
- Ability to travel between appointments in order to service clients within their community.
- A valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Knowledgeable regarding social service systems within the state.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of and adherence to current confidentiality practices.
- Appreciation for and ability to respond to cultural differences.
- Ability to develop and maintain relevant networks of key contacts.
- Adept prioritization and time management abilities.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of the paraprofessional supervised visits
- Assist parents in basic parenting and home-making skills
- Meet with clients on a regular, consistent basis, not less than one time the frequency listed on the referral (The number of visits is determined by level of care needed on a case by case basis and/or by the referral source).
- Provide ongoing support for clients, including emergency and crisis consultation on a 24-hour
- Completion of clear, accurate documentation of 1) all contacts with clients, 2) monthly reports,3) court reports, and 4) treatment plans.
- Demonstrate respect and cultural sensitivity to all clients and to all referral
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times to protect clients’
- Attain / maintain CPR and First Aid certifications
- Services will be provided effectively, efficiently, and with evidence provided for each
Examples of Tasks
- Ensuring visit with parents is appropriate and the child is protected
- Assist in cleanliness and appropriate infant care
- Accompany and support clients for court
- Provide transportation for clients, as needed or necessary to meet treatment
- Report all work time on Activity
- Report to referral source / supervisor significant information regarding any unusual incidents occurring within area of
- Document all client visit information on Weekly Contact Note and Supervised Visitation Report during face-to-face meetings with
- Coordinate services for clients and link them to appropriate community
- Assist clients in building skills such as parenting techniques, appropriate discipline, communication, problem-solving, conflict resolution, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility, and responsible
- High School Diploma
- 21 years of age.
- High School or better
In terms of experience, we prefer that you have one to two years in child welfare or similar field.
Our ideal Homemaker Parent Aid would carry out their responsibilities while displaying the following key behavioral competencies:
- Conviction about the capacity for all people to grow and change for the better.
- Independence and proactivity in taking action and resolving problems.
- Ability to maintain composure in the face of unexpected challenges, surprises and trying circumstances.
- Respect for confidentiality.
- Thought Provoking: Capable of making others think deeply on a subject
- Loyal: Shows firm and constant support to a cause
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization